Cleaning & Maintenance
Cleaning your floor
Step 1) Remove all superficial dust and debris with dry microfiber mop (Bona white pad or similar) and/or vacuum cleaner.
Step 2) In a clean bucket, mix cold/lukewarm water and ONE to FOUR Oz of Prosoco Daily Klean per gallon of water. Do not spill concentrate product on floor while mixing. Maintain mixing proportions when mixing more than one gallon. Approximate quantities are OK, but do not exceed recommended maximum.
Prosoco Daily Klean can be ordered online, or directly with our distributor Runyon Surface Prep in Rancho Cordova, CA - Tel 800.785.7034 -
Step 3) Dip the Bona Blue pad applicator, or similar one, in the cleaning solution, gently wring the pad to remove excessive water. Avoid letting the cleaning water puddle on the floor for prolonged time. No rinsing is necessary unless the floor is heavily soiled, in which case repeat the step 3. Let the surface completely dry before walking on.
TIPS FOR CLEANING YOUR FLOOR:
- DO NOT USE THE BONA CLEANING PRODUCT, WHICH IS FOR OTHER KIND OF FLOORS. ONLY USE THE MOP AND PADS (APPLICATORS) WITH WATER, OR PROSOCO DAILY kLEAN
- DO NOT USE ACIDIC (VINEGAR, MURIATIC ACID...) TO CLEAN THE FLOOR, IT COULD ETCH THE SURFACE AND CAUSE A PERMANENT DAMAGE
- TO SANITIZE USE A SOLUTION OF COLD WATER WITH ONE OUNCE OF BLEACH PER GALLON.
- WE RECOMMEND CLEANING THE FLOOR AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK, BUT IT CAN BE CLEANED AS OFTEN AS NECESSARY
- AVOID UNNECESSARY WETTING OF THE FLOOR, PUDDLING WATER, CONSTANT MOISTURE EXPOSURE
- ALWAYS REMOVE DIRT, DUST, HAIR, FUR AND OTHER DEBRIS WITH THE DRY DUSTING PAD BEFORE WETTING THE FLOOR
- ON COMMERCIAL/INDUSTRIAL FLOORS A WALK BEHIND AUTO SCRUBBER WITH SOFT NYLON PAD (WHITE) CAN BE USED FOR FASTER PRODUCTIVITY RATE.
Maintaining your floor
Maintenance is an operation too often under estimated. It is a preventive method, not a method for repairs. In other words, maintenance interventions need to be performed before damage happens, and not after. Polished Concrete is very durable so it will show wear signs only in areas of intense traffic. A good, typical example are the areas in the kitchen near the sink and stove, and areas of frequent traffic, such as service doors, work desks, etc... It is important to do a maintenance intervention before or as soon as signs of wear appears, and before excessive wear exposes the surface to damage. The maintenance procedure and frequency varies floor by floor, so make sure you discuss your recommended maintenance schedule with us once your installation is completed.
Use our Maintenance Schedule chart as guideline for your floor.
MAINTENANCE & RESEAL OF DIAMOND POLISHED SURFACES
- Step 1: Clean the surface following cleaning procedure, make sure there are no dust, debris, oil or other contaminants on the floor. Allow surface to completely dry.
- Step 2: Apply a thin coat of sealer (Prosoco LS Guard, Ameripolish Stain Protector) using a spray bottle/tank with a fine mist nozzle in a small area, and immediately mop the product with circular/figure eight strokes using the Bona blue pad/applicator. Pre-wet the pad before staring. Do not walk on the wet product, so start from one end and walk your way back to your exit.
- Step 3 (high reflectivity floors only): Once product is completely, burnish with propane powered machine equipped with diamond encrusted pad.
- Step 3 (low sheen, honed surfaces): apply a thin coat of Prosoco Polish Guard, using the same procedure as described above for Prosoco LS Guard. As the floor dries it is ready for use. No need to burnish.
MAINTENANCE OF STANDARD CONCRETE SURFACES
Clean the surface following cleaning procedure, make sure there are no dust, debris, oil or other contaminants on the floor. Apply a thin coat of Prosoco Polish Guard (using the same procedure as described above for polished surfaces). As the floor dries it is ready for use. No need to burnish.